Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kindergarten

Last week I had to go and register Leah for Kindergarten. It really doesn't seem possible that I would be doing this, but I went and registered my baby. I am so glad that Kindergarten is only a half day everyday. However, if all these proposed changes take place, it could be full day by the time Caleb starts. I am still hopeful that this won't happen.

Registration was very strange. I am a people watcher and it was very interesting to see all the different kinds of people registering their kids. Some were very prepared, as I was and some had no clue what they were supposed to bring. Other people had big piles of papers and were trying to figure out what they needed. Some let their children run around the place like it was a zoo while the principal was trying to talk. It all made me wonder who Leah will end up being friends with and how am I going to let her go to school with over 300 other students. I guess she will really only be with half of these since it's only half a day.

I guess the real story here is that I am so not ready for this step in life as a mom. I know that Leah is more ready than I am, but as far as I am concerned August should still be a few years away! This is going to be a really big step for me as a mom to let Leah go and trust God to protect her. On a positive note, I think that this whole experience will really help my prayer life.

1 comment:

  1. It will be okay mommy. And you may be surprised. After a while you will enjoy that extra time with the other two. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete