Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Loving the Curls

If you did notice in my previous post that Leah's hair looked different, then here the scoop. During spring break we took a trip to my Dad's and Jean's house. Jean offered to cut Leah's hair and she was so excited. She'd been begging to have her hair cut short to her shoulders. We compromised a little below her shoulders. It will be nice a little shorter for the summer. However, I prefer her hair longer, but she gets to choose since it is her hair, right?

While she was getting her hair done by Jean after the hair cut, we were talking about sponge rollers. I wore them as a kid and wondered how they would do in Leah's hair. Jean had some older ones that she said I could try out. We tried them out on Friday after bath. Although she thought I was crazy expecting her to sleep in them, when she work up with curly hair she was in love! She has been wanting the rollers in every night so that she has "beautiful" hair every morning. The old sponge rollers weren't holding up. The foam was falling about and shrinking with each use. I finally went out and bought her new ones. The new ones actually don't work quite as well, but well enough.

I know this will wear out, but for now we'll all have to get used to curly haired Leah. Caleb said that she looks like a grandma with the rollers in, but I think it's cute!
















1 comment:

  1. That looks adorable! I was wondering from your spring break pictures.

    ReplyDelete