Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Fun and Busy Weekend

This past Friday morning the kids and left to go to my Dad's house. We went up there for a wedding. Since Rod and I had taught VBS at our church all week, Rod hadn't been home much more than to sleep. I told him to stay home and get some rest and some stuff done.

The wedding was Friday night and it was one of my cousin's daughters, Rachael. I used to babysit her so I wanted to go. It had been many years since I had seen many of my aunts, cousins, and their kids. Time flies.

On Saturday, my Dad had plans to go and combine some oats. Caleb has been dying to ride the combine in action and hasn't had a chance yet. We stayed a lot later than I had planned, but the kids had a great time.

Farmer Kids!

Caleb Riding the Combine







Alissa had to take a turn, but she fell asleep during the process. Leah didn't want to ride, but she had a good time watching everything.
On Sunday, we had plans to get together with my brothers and their families. We all met up at my brother Adam's house for the day. The kids all have a blast together. This was our last visit this year with my brother Matt who is leaving for Japan in a couple of days. This year, Matt tried really hard to make up with Alissa, but she never really did make friends with him. In the end, I think that she made a game out it and love the attention she was getting for not liking him. Maybe next year Matt!

Sami and Rachel. All the kids loved splashing in the backyard pool.


The inseparable girls!


Caleb and Chris


Alissa feel asleep before all the kids made it too the pool. Rod decided he wouldn't let the opportunity pass.


When Alissa woke up everyone else was still swimming and she was quick to join in the fun. Alissa hung out with Emily in the pool.


Matt picking on Alissa again. Alissa is trying to kick him and get away!



Then the powerwheels came out!


Chris loves his motorcycles!


Caleb gets a ride from Nathaniel.


Alissa makes up with Chris. She didn't like him for awhile either.


Alissa always likes Aunt Alexis



Playtime for Emily and Nathaniel


The girls in the playroom.


The playroom exploded with 9 kids playing!


No comments:

Post a Comment