Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And the school year begins

Leah is officially a first grader! I am so proud of her, but I am not ready for what this means. She will now go to school all day instead of just 2 1/2 hours. This is a huge adjustment, especially for mom! Leah got on the bus this morning at 7:55 and won't get off the bus until a few minutes after 4. She does have a long bus ride so I am sure there will be a lot of times when I drop her off and pick her up from school, but today I wanted her to try the bus.

Leah had her open house on Monday night. We were able to go to the school together and met her teacher. Leah only knows three or 4 kids that are going to her elementary school from kindergarten because of how the kindergarten center works. I was worried that she wouldn't know anyone in her class. However, the 2 kids that Leah knew best are in her class.

I took the opportunity at Open House to get a few memorable pictures!


Getting ready to go in.


Waiting in the gym with all the school supplies.


Leah's desk. We were able to put all of Leah's school supplies where they needed to go and get her desk ready.




Leah loves her new classroom.



7:00 came early for Leah. I had to wake her up and she wasn't happy about it at first, but then when she woke up enough to realize what today was the excitement set in. She was up and ready to go. It was a challenge getting her to eat breakfast since she was so excited, but after several trips outside to say good bye for the cats we made it through a decent breakfast. Caleb told me that I had to wake him up so that he could watch Leah get on the bus, but I didn't have to, all the commotion was enough to wake him up and Alissa is always up early.

Going out the door. Leah's lunch box is in her book bag, but I think she has one heavy bag because of it. I might have gotten a little carried away, but this is her and my first packed lunch! I had to make sure it was a well balanced meal! :)


Waiting on the Bus! We were out a little early since Leah was so excited to get out.




She had to tell the dog goodbye, who after this jumped on her and got her shirt dirty! Luckily I got it out.




Here comes the bus.



Leah's off to school.


The kids in Leah's class are our neighbors and ride the bus with Leah too. It was very comforting for me this morning when she was so excited to get on the bus and then I could see the two kids sitting in the front seat and her piling in with them. They were just as excited to see her and they all wanted to sit together. At least she has some good kids to go with her on this first day of school adventure. Mom still misses her a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment