Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer Busyness

It’s no wonder that the summer months fly by so quickly. I don’t think that I could pack anything more into a day than I have been lately. We’ve had dentist appointments and doctor appointments. We’ve had play dates and outings. Leah and Caleb have also been enjoying vacation bible school all week.

Last week, Leah, Caleb and I all had a dentist appointment. Rod was originally supposed to be a part of the outing, but I had to change his appointment because of the new job. The plan was to switch Alissa from one parent to the other so that she wouldn’t have to be a part of the appointment, but since it was just me and the kids, she had to go too. She was actually really good during the appointment and sat relatively quite in her stoller. Everyone did really well at the dentist. Leah unfortunately does have another cavity. Luckily this one is very small and can be filled at our regular dentist and he will not need to drill. The dentist explained that Leah has very deep groves in her molar teeth and she will likely always have problems with cavities in her baby teeth. Luckily, sealants will solve this problem for her permanent teeth. Leah was very unhappy to hear that the sugar bugs had eaten a hole in her tooth. I explained to her that mommy and daddy have both had cavities too and it made her feel better.

Alissa had her 15 month appointment on Tuesday of this week. She is doing great. She gained 2 lbs and grew 1 ½ inches since her 12 month appointment. They were really surprised about how much bigger she had gotten. I told Rod that I wasn’t, because when she was 12 months old she still felt like a baby and in the last couple of months she has turned into a big girl. Now she is a full fledged toddler! It’s sad to mommy.

This week we also went to Slate Run Park just south of Columbus. We went with Stephanie, Noah, Rachel and Nathaniel and some others from their church. I never even realized this park existed, but it was a very nice park and they had a living historical farm. At first this didn’t sound that interesting to me since I grew up on a farm and I wasn’t exactly sure what this all entailed. It ended up being a really neat place to visit and it was all free. We were able to tour the farm which had all typical the farm animals; cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, turkey, ducks, and horses. We went through the barns and pet the animals. They also had people dressed up in 18th century garb and they had men sheathing wheat with a horse operated machine. You were able to tour the old farmhouse, the smoke house, and the other outbuildings. The also had a huge garden and they let the kids clean beans that they were picking. There was the old water pump which the kids loved.

Leah loved all the animals and she really wanted to make friends with this chicken.

Leah petting one of the horses.

Alissa checking out the sheep.

Filling buckets at the water pump.

Caleb relaxing on the hammock beside the house.

All the kids love the swing hanging from the tree.

Heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment