Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Adventures

There comes a point in the summer where you know that we've all just spent a little too much time at the house with no structure. As I have learned, this leads to a more than normal amount of stories involving the children getting into things that they shouldn't.

One day while I was showering Leah must of decided that she needed a snack. The peanut butter jar happened to be sitting out on the counter. I got done with my shower and Alissa was there waiting for me, but her binky was cover in something brown. It was so covered that the normal coloring was almost completely gone. When I took the binky out her mouth, I noticed that her whole face was covered in brown. My nose quickly realized that it was peanut butter. Before I even cleaned her up, I had to figure out who her accomplice was. The other to kids were in the living room and Leah was sitting on the couch with a jar pb. I yelled for Leah to get up and give it to me and I started to talk with her about what she was thinking. She willingly gave up the jar, but her other hand remained behind her back. I thought this was strange so I had to ask her what was in her hand. Of course, she shows me the hand that I can already see and I say, "the other hand"! With some hesitation she pulls her other hand out from behind her back to reveal a hand full of peanut butter. I guess it took too much effort to get a spoon! I don't even want to know how Alissa ended up with it everywhere. After I got everyone cleaned up and while Leah was sitting in timeout, I went to my couch. Let's just say that seeing the couch only added to my frustration since it was also covered in peanut butter!


Caleb being a boy and almost four is certainly about testing is limits. He likes to test them with Rod and I, but her also likes to test his abilities and what he can do. The other day, Leah came and told me that Caleb was stuck. He was supposed to be getting his bathing suit on since I set the pool up outside. I go check out what's going on and he had climbed up on top of his dresser and he is in the buff! He is of course stuck up there so I take the time to get a picture! I won't post that one though. Caleb is also finding his place in the family between two sisters a bit difficult! It seems as though he is always fighting with one of them! He and Leah are either best friends or worse enemies and he and Alissa like to pick on each other! One morning all three of the kids are playing downstairs in the play room and I am in the kitchen. I hear Alissa scream and begin my way downstairs to see what's going on. Here comes Caleb up the stairs asking me where a binky is for Alissa, she needs one. I ask him what happened. He simply tells me with no hesitation that he punched Alissa, but he told her that he was sorry. Apparently as part of the apology he needs to give her a binky!

Alissa is not always innocent. She is getting quite a personality these days. For some reason she finds great pleasure in making other people upset. Her favorite thing to do hit the kids on the head when they are trying to sit and play with something or watch TV. She prefers to hit them with something like a cup or toy she has in her hand, but she will hit them with her hand if she has nothing else. This of course causes quick the uproar and I have to try and stop her. This usually only fuels her and she thinks it's funny for me to yell and her and come and get her. She doesn't appreciate it as much when I make her sit on the couch with me. Another good example of this is when Rod and I were visiting his grandparents. They had out a couple of knickknacks on one of the end tables. Alissa decided that they were pretty and she wanted to touch them. We quickly told her no and tried to redirect her attention to a toy. She wouldn't have any of that, so she made her way right back to the table. She looked at us and would go to touch and then start laughing. Rod thought that he would nip this in the bud and pushed her hand and made her sit with him on the couch. She screamed, but as soon as he sent her down, she went right back over to the knickknacks and laughed as she reached for them. Rod's punishments keep getting a bit more severe each time, but it didn't stop Alissa, she wasn't going to let it go. I don't think we ever completely convinced her to leave it alone. It ended up being time to go, so we resolved it that way. Alissa is a very tenacious child!







Summer is also about ice cream cones!




If you look carefully at this tree, you can see Leah in it!


I guess climbing and getting stuck runs in the family!


Alissa is very into all neclaces! She puts any she can find on. In this picture she has one on her head and one around her neck. She did both herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment