On
Tuesday, Leah had her first field trip in kindergarten. They went to the apple orchard. I was able to go as a
chaperon. Leah was excited that I was there and I was also excited to go. I was able to meet the kids in her class and watch her have fun at the apple orchard. She was sure to point out "handsome boy" so that I could see who she had been talking about. Ever since the first week of school Leah has had her eyes on a boy whom she first referred to as handsome boy since she didn't know his name. She now knows his name, but we still all refer to him as handsome boy!
The field trip consisted of a look into history about how they used to sort and process apples and a tour of the current plant. We also had a slide show on how the orchard is run and what all needs to be done on the orchard. We got to have some apple cider and pick a bag of apples right off the tree. I think everyone had a good time and luckily it didn't rain.

Our leader showing us the apple trees and how to pick the apples.

Leah's filling her bag with apples.

Leah's class with her teacher.

Leah eating her apple. Maddie is the girl standing next to her. This is one of her best friends at school and the girl that she knew from dance last year.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of "handsome boy". In the class picture a girl is standing in front of him so you can't see his face. Sorry!
Ahhhh I loved the field trips to the apple orchards!
ReplyDelete