To ring in the New Year, our family stayed at home and enjoyed a quiet evening. We did try and make it a little special for the kids. I bought some ice cream and got out the pool and balls for them to jump in. I also got a couple of movies. The kids were going a little crazy and started fighting around 10:30. We decided that we would make that midnight for the kids. We did a count down and blew our horns and whistles! Then the kids went to bed. Rod and I did stay up until midnight, but I was in bed shortly after that!
With the New Year, there has been plenty of snow and cold! We have been staying in the house on the really cold days. However, last week before the extra cold weather came in, Rod and the kids enjoyed some time playing in the snow. They built a very large snow man (which fell down a little after they all came in the house) and there was a big snow ball fight. Unfortunately, Alissa couldn't go out since she was very sick and had an ear infection. I was out of a little bit too and was able to get some pictures for you to enjoy!
The snowman is classic. Too cute! Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete