Monday, June 21, 2010

Camping trip number 2

I am a little behind, but I wanted to post about our camping trip 2 weekends ago. We went camping with one of Rod's work friends and his family. We went to Delaware State park. Although the weather wasn't perfect, we did have a good time and the kids made some new friends.

The park was set up very nice with the majority or sites located on cull de sacs. This made for great bike riding for our entire family. The other good news is that Alissa actually likes the bike trailer this year instead of screaming the entire time like last year.

On Saturday, early afternoon I took the kids over to the beach area to check it out. We didn't put suits on because it was a little too cold for that. Alissa wasn't with us because she was supposed to be napping.






There was also a small park on the beach.






Alissa wanted to be a part of the bike riding around the cull de sac so Leah was nice enough to help her out a few times around.


Since Alissa didn't nap while we were at the beach, her and I stayed back at the camper and Rod and his friend Bob took the older ones fishing.



After dinner we went to a really nice park down the road from the campground. They had an awesome three story play ground. The kids had a blast!













After we played on the playground we went for a small hike that include a creek walk and a visit of the dam.













On the way home on Sunday late morning the kids were worn out and I couldn't resist this picture. They are all so sweet when they are sleeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment