The cavity issue is finally coming to an end. Leah ended up doing a great job. I am so proud of her. Children's hospital dental clinic does a really good job of making things fun and exciting for the kids. Leah even let them do an x-ray before they even started doing the sedation. In order to make the drink easy, the doctor told her that drinking the drink would be a race. They put the medicine in fruit punch and told her that she had to try to drink hers faster than I did mine. She loved the idea and could hardly wait for them to bring her the fruit punch. She drank it, no problem. It was so strange holding her while it started working. She was slap happy and slurring her words at first. It was like she was very drunk. Then she got to the point where she couldn't move or hold her head up. She never fell asleep, but she probably doesn't remember much of it. They came in and I left, the procedure only took about 15 minutes. They said she did great and didn't fight at all.
When they did the x-ray, they saw that the cavity was even larger than they originally thought. They ended up having to do a baby root canal and put a silver cap on the tooth. I am wondering if maybe the amount of time we had to wait since I originally found out about the cavity is why it was so big. That is the worst part about going to the dental clinic, everything seemed to take so long to get an appointment. I am just happy that it's only a baby tooth and it's way in the back so you can't see it.
Now that everything is done, Leah is having some difficulty getting used to it. They told her that she has a princess crown on her tooth. They are so smart because she thinks that's pretty cool. She tells me that the princess crown hurts her tooth and we've given her pain medicine a couple of times. They told me that she might complain about pain for a couple of days because there is some pressure where they put it. The hardest part is to keep her from picking at it. I am sure after a few more days she will be completely used to it and won't remember that it's there.
Alissa also had her 9 month check up yesterday. She did great and everything went fine. No shots this time so she wasn't even grouchy afterward. The worst part of the day was the crazy snow. Figures that it snowed so much right when I was trying to get from one appointment to the next. However, I felt worse for Rod who had to work late since he stayed home while I did the appointments. By the time he left work the snow and the roads were crazy. It took him around an hour and 45 minutes to drive home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment