Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Why Can't I Keep Anything Nice?

I know that I already posted today, but I couldn’t resist posting again. I figure I am doing this as an outlet as well as a way to share stories with family and friends. Right now, I need an outlet.

One of the items on my Christmas list this year was for a new soap dispenser. The one that I got as a wedding present got broken by Caleb this past summer. When he dropped it on the bathroom floor I had just filled it to the brim with soap, so I was more upset about the large amount of soap on the floor than the broken dispenser. Since the summer, I had been using a Christmas bear soap dispenser as a replacement. This was fine during Christmas, but for after Christmas I wanted a new one. Kelly was very nice and got me a purple one, just like I asked. Look how pretty!



Although I had gotten this present a little before Christmas, I hadn’t put it out since the Christmas bear was good for the season. Yesterday, I put up all the Christmas decorations and decided that I would put up the Christmas bear and get out my new soap dispenser. I filled it with soap and placed it on my sink.

It was lunch time so I asked the kids to go and wash their hands while I finished preparing lunch. The next thing I know, Caleb is running in saying that he can’t get the soap. I don’t think much of it and I go in to help him. He points to the trash can by the sink and tells me the soap fell in there. I reach in and pull it out and this is what I find.

I don’t even think my new soap dispenser made it 24 hours in my house. The only good news is that it fell in the trash can this time instead of the floor. At least all of the soap that I put in yesterday didn’t have to be cleaned up off the floor. Needless to say, I am very unhappy.


Welcome back Christmas bear soap dispenser. I don’t know how you have managed to survive this long (he’s fallen in the trash several times). Good luck to you, I am sure you will need it.

I was thinking about replacing the purple dispenser with the exact same one since I did like it so much, but it would probably be better if I replaced it with a stainless steal one that can not be broken.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard!! I loved the soap story..sounds like my house! I found you thru Alexis...hope you don't mind..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer on the soap dispenser. Funny story though. I did some stainless steel soap dispensers at Target today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky - know you told me about this over the phone, but reading your blog with the pictures...hilarious. Sorry about the dispenser though...maybe I should get you 2 next year, one as a back up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAha! Laughing but also sorry for the pain of your poor soap dispenser. I am sure it will not be the last thing to take a hit. :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete