Leah had her first dance recital on Saturday. It was really cute to see the little kids do their routines. The recital itself was 3 hours and had a lot of their older kids and competition dancing routines. Caleb and Alissa did a really good job of sitting through it all considering the length. It started at 6 so it was late by the time it was over and past Alissa’s bedtime.
Leah did a really good job even if she had to watch the teacher a lot who was standing on the side of the stage (which explains why in all the pictures her head is looking to the side). She looked very beautiful up there to in her costumes. I have been debating on putting her in dance again only because she likes it but I wasn’t sure how much. However, at the recital I was able to see that she does really like it. She was so excited to watch the rest of the recital. I would have to go back and get her after her routine and she was practically running back to her seat to sit and watch everyone.
At the end of the recital, the handed out metals to everyone. Then they handed out other awards all to the competition kids. The little kids were in the front of the stage at first, but as they handed out the awards the bigger kids who got awards would come and stand in front. Every time that a bigger kid would stand in front of Leah, Leah would move to the side and stand in front beside them. It was cute; she wanted to be center stage.
Leah did a really good job even if she had to watch the teacher a lot who was standing on the side of the stage (which explains why in all the pictures her head is looking to the side). She looked very beautiful up there to in her costumes. I have been debating on putting her in dance again only because she likes it but I wasn’t sure how much. However, at the recital I was able to see that she does really like it. She was so excited to watch the rest of the recital. I would have to go back and get her after her routine and she was practically running back to her seat to sit and watch everyone.
At the end of the recital, the handed out metals to everyone. Then they handed out other awards all to the competition kids. The little kids were in the front of the stage at first, but as they handed out the awards the bigger kids who got awards would come and stand in front. Every time that a bigger kid would stand in front of Leah, Leah would move to the side and stand in front beside them. It was cute; she wanted to be center stage.
I had sent Rod to get Leah some flowers. Don’t get me wrong, he did a great job and got her some really beautiful roses. However, I sent him with the intention of getting some really cheap little bouquet. When he came back with a dozen of beautiful roses, I couldn’t help, but wonder a couple of things. How much did you pay for those and when was the last time you got me roses! It turns out he got the roses for a great price and Leah loved them.

Leah's tap dancing routine.
The ballet routine lighting was a little darker and the pictures didn't turn out as well, but she really had some graceful moves!

Leah and her dozen roses.
Wow! She really looks like she belongs on stage! And I have to give a big kudos to Rod. Matt would have picked flowers off a bush somewhere.
ReplyDelete