Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Officially 5 years old!

This weekend was Leah's birthday party and Monday was her birthday. What a busy and fun filled few days we had around here.

The party Saturday turned out to be really good. It was the first party that I let Leah invite some of her friends. She invited 4 friends that she knew from school or dance class. She had her cousins and all of her friends and they all played together pretty well. The forecast said rain on Saturday during party time so we cleaned out the garage and had some of the party in there. The rain held off though until the very end of the party and by then over half the kids had gone home. It really was a blessing. I think that Leah had a wonderful time with all her friends because as last were leaving; she started to cry because her party was over. She asked me if they were all coming back the next day. She was sad that they weren’t, but after all the work I put into everything I think that I would rather wait an entire year until we do it again.



The Princess Cake

Cake time at the Party
Lots of Presents




There was lots of jumping earlier, but I guess it works as a good place to play barbie too!

The morning of Leah’s birthday I heard her stirring and went in awoke her by singing happy birthday to her. She was so happy that it was her birthday and she was officially 5. She said mommy, I’m 5 now and I said yes you are getting bigger. It was funny because when she got up she looked in the full length mirror in her bedroom and said, “Yep, I am bigger”! She did have a fun filled birthday too. After lunch, we went to the park to play. I took them to a play ground at a nearby church which is open to the public and then we went to the city park too. The kids had a lot of fun and it was a sunny day, which was great.

Fun at the park!

Every time we are at this park, we have to go to the river and throw in some rocks!

Hey guys! I've got a rock too!



We were going to take Leah to McDonald’s for her birthday and let her play in the play place there, but she said, “I know, we can go to Chuck E. Cheese”. Rod and I couldn’t deny the birthday girl and figured it wouldn’t be too busy on a Monday night. It wasn’t too busy and the kids ended up having a good time. There were several play machines that were out of order, but they didn’t tell you until they ate your token, but the kids were happy to be at Chuck E. Cheese. They’d both been begging to go there recently. We didn’t want to eat at the Cheese so after a while of play, we left and I stopped at McDonald’s on the way home to pick up dinner. We ate at home and then opened presents. It was a fun filled day for sure.




More Cake!

And more presents!


No comments:

Post a Comment