Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It's been a very busy Christmas season. It is almost impossible to believe that tomorrow is Christmas Day! The kids are more than ready for it and have been all but bouncing off the walls. I on the other hand am trying to get some last minute things done. Last night I stayed up wrapping presents and Rod put a few things together.

Today I have been doing some last minute baking for Christmas desserts. We are having my brother and his family over and my Dad is supposed to come down. I made a couple of cheese cakes and a Birthday Cake for Jesus! I decided last year that I would make a birthday cake for Christmas. I got this really neat paper about how to do it from church.



We made the cake round for Jesus' love goes 'round and 'round and never ends.
We made it chocolate like the darkness of our sins and covered it with white frosting, like Jesus covers our sins and makes them white as snow.
We topped it with a yellow star and an angel, for they were the first ones to let people know about Jesus' birth.
We put 12 candles on it for the 12 months of the year that Jesus is our light.
We encircle it with evergreens (or a green shell border) to be symbol of everlasting life.
We added red marshmallow stars to represent the blood that Jesus willingly shed for us. (They were supposed to be red cinnamon candies that I forgot to buy. Leah had these from school and was very willing to put them on the cake!)
We will sing happy birthday to Jesus tomorrow! The kids are so excited about the cake and have been talking about Jesus' birthday all morning. It really helps keep the focus where it needs to be! It's a great new tradition for us.
Merry Christmas from the Windles!




Leah and Caleb helped by putting on the Candles! They love the birthday cake!

1 comment:

  1. What a great looking cake! Hope you guys had a wonderful morning!

    ReplyDelete