Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

Halloween is such an exciting time for the kids. It's much more crazy for the parents, but I really enjoy watching the kids have fun so it makes it worth it. The first thing that we did to celebrate is carving and painting pumpkins. Because Rod and I do most of the work, we are currently only doing two pumpkins. However, I have a strong feeling that next year we will be forced to do 3.


Rod and Leah busy at work. We let the kids draw what they wanted their pumpkin faces to look like on paper and then we tried to reproduce their drawings.





Rod busy at work.



Pumpkin painting kept the kids busy while we finished carving.











Both Leah and Caleb have already been multiple things for Halloween and we still aren't done celebrating. This year Caleb wanted to be a tractor for Halloween. I had considered this option last year, but for some reason, it didn't happen. This year, I was determined to make it happen and so was Caleb. It was a lot of work, but the costume turned out pretty good. The biggest problem was that it also turned out a bit heavier than I had hoped.


Leah had decided that she wanted to be a cat. I was going to get her a costume, but then decided that I could make it too with the base as a black leotard and tights. I ended up having to do some sewing. Even though I am a terrible seamstress, which lead to some frustration, it ended up being just a little bit of work.

Alissa had a couple of different costumes to choose from, but she went with family tradition and was the cow. I had a really cute Minnie mouse costume, but she didn't want anything to do with it even though she loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show. She didn't like the head that was part of the costume. However, she made the cutest cow around.

The first of the Halloween activities was the kids school parties. Caleb really couldn't be a tractor/farmer at school so I decided to have him be something else. We borrowed the cutest Monkey costume from my SIL.


I am glad that Leah's school still does a big Halloween party and parade. I know a lot of schools aren't, but the kids love it and it's fun for parents too.






Leah and her best friend Alasia

The Class on Parade


Back in the Classroom



Enjoying the party!

Last night was trick-or-treat in our area. Every year we go trick-or-treating with my brother, SIL and the cousins. The kids love this tradition and we did it again this year. Leah decided that she wanted to dress up as Snow White since that's what her cousin Rachel was. They had a great time trick-or-treating and got tons of candy. Caleb wore his tractor costume a lot farther than I thought he would. He loved all the attention he was getting because everyone thought it was so cool and would make lots of comments about it. Someone even wanted to take a picture of him. Alissa really got into the whole concept this year too. She loved the idea of getting candy. At first she made me hold her hand and go with her to every house, but soon she was doing them by herself.






The Princesses



A farmer and his tractor. Notice the legs. He had spiderman on underneath because I knew he would get tired and need costume #2. He ended up being spiderman about the last 1/2.

What a cute cow! This cow had a ride the entire trip.


My three.



The Clan





1 comment:

  1. Okay I have got to be a terrible Aunt. But I swear Nathaniel didn't grow a foot in that photo. Noah has to be the cute one in yellow. Who's the guy in white?!?

    PS: You did a great job on the costumes!

    ReplyDelete