Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Talking Kids

I can't remember how early Leah and Caleb started saying words, but I think that Alissa is going to be an early talker. She is very interested in communication. She likes to study people's mouths to try and figure out how they are making particular sounds. Then, she tries to imatate the sounds. It's so cute. Alissa started saying what sounded like "hi" at about 5 months. At the time I thought it was just a noise, but she continues to tell people 'hi' so I am thinking maybe she really did know what she was saying. She does say mama and dada, but not exactly to us, so I am not sure that counts. As I mentioned in an earlier post she says 'uh-oh' and she knows exactly when to say this. She will drop stuff on purpose to say it and see me pick it up. The newest addition to her vocabulary is 'up'. She just started saying it this week and she knows what it means too. It's too cute watching little ones figure out how to communicate.

Alissa isn't the only one full of communication. Leah and Caleb are sure to say plenty of things to make us laugh. Leah's most recent pronouncement was last week on Tuesday. I spent all day Monday laying on the couch recovering from the flu. On Tuesday, Leah asked me if I was feeling better and I told her that I was, she responds "Good, now you can yell at us again". To me, this said two things, one Leah apparently was doing stuff that she would normally get in trouble for and was taking full advantage of mommy being sick. Two, I apparently yell alot.

Caleb is so talkative and as he gets older he has much more complex sentences and reasoning. Yesterday, I took Alissa to get her picture taken. I didn't feel like I needed new pictures of Leah and Caleb, but Alissa is changing so much so quickly that I needed a new picture. I explained to Caleb as I was getting Alissa dressed what the plan was. He felt a little left out from all the attention so he told me that he needed to get his 'dress' on too. I told him that boys don't wear dresses, but he explained that it was his dress shirt. I told him that he wasn't getting his picture taken, but he sat for at least 15 minutes explaining how he did need his dress shirt and that if he didn't get it on that he would get sick. Since he was sick he would need to go to the doctor. Luckily after his long explanation, I think he forgot what it was that he wanted because I was able to get out of the house without changing his clothes.
The pictures below don't have much to do with the post above, but they are a couple of cute pictures of the Rod and kids hanging out this weekend. I am part of the family too and do spend time with the kids too, but I am always the one behind the camera.


1 comment: