Thursday, February 26, 2009

Teeth Saga

Our family has been having a lot of teeth issues lately. This time the problem didn't include any of the children, thank goodness. A piece of Rod's tooth chipped off on Tuesday while he was at work. It was one of the teeth he recently had filled, but the filling didn't fall off, just a piece of his tooth. He made an appointment on Wednesday morning to get it fixed. The kids were excited that Daddy was home when the woke up in the morning. When he went to leave for the dentist Caleb wanted to go with him, but I explained we would all be going to the dentist in May. We have a family appointment, should be fun! Right after Rod left, I loaded the kids in the van to take them to story time at the library. On the way, Leah and Caleb were having a conversation about the dentist and teeth. Leah was telling Caleb about her princess tooth and how that when he goes to the dentist he will get one too. (This will be Caleb's first time to the dentist and I really hope he doesn't have any cavities.) Caleb - "I don't want a princess tooth I want a tractor tooth." Although this started a bit of an argument, they finally calmed down with Leah happy that she had a princess tooth and Caleb convinced that he did have a tractor tooth.

The kids love story time at the library. Wednesday the library was packed with kids. The have chairs in a circle, but too many people so I sat on the floor with the kids. Alissa was excited to be on the floor and refused to sit on my lap. She decided that their was too much going on and too many people to see to sit on my lap. She crawled around and examined some of the kids, but she soon realized that she got a lot of attention from the adults. Throughout story time Alissa made her rounds pulling up on other people's laps and talking with them. She even tried to pull up on the leader of story time. I had to go and get her so that she didn't interrupt too much. Everyone thought that she was very cute and she loved the attention. I am still trying to get used to having a baby that loves people and attention so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment