
I thought that it was during the teenage years that your children were supposed to tell you how much that they didn't like you, but my children have started early. A day doesn't go by that Caleb doesn't tell me multiple times that he either, doesn't like me, doesn't want to play with me any more, or that he doesn't want to be with me any more. He isn't using the word hate only because that word isn't part of his vocabulary yet. I know that he is just trying to hurt me because he his mad. I told Rod that I am pretty sure that the whole response is hereditary since he is all about getting revenge. I actually think that it's a boy thing in general, but Leah never said these things to me. Generally when Caleb tells me that he doesn't like me, Leah will say, "I like you Mommy".
This all changed yesterday. I guess Leah saw what Caleb was doing and decided to give it a try. She told me, "I don't like you because you have ruined my life". My mouth dropped and then I just started laughing. I couldn't believe that she even knew that phrase. Rod was there and was trying to explain how she shouldn't talk to Mommy like that, but when I was laughing he couldn't keep a straight face either. What even made the whole thing more comical was that after things settled down, Caleb said, "I like you".
Didn't someone say that you aren't a good parent unless your children don't like you? We'll if this is a true statement, then I think that I must be a great parent!
No comments:
Post a Comment