Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome New Pets

Yesterday we welcomed 4 new pet fish into our home. The kids love to look at fish when we go to the store. Meijer sells fish and every time we go there the kids have to make multiple stops to visit them. I decided this weekend that we would get some fish. I dug out my old small fish tank that I’ve had since I was a kid and yes it is still in one piece and it still works. I did a bit of cleaning and set it up while the kids were sleeping Sunday night. Rod had taken Monday off to work on his car which included getting a couple new tires. I decided that we could all go with him and stop at the store to let each of the kids pick out a fish. When I told Rod my bright idea on Sunday night, he didn’t think it was very bright. I am pretty sure that he thinks I am crazy for giving myself more work, but he didn’t care either way, and told me that I spoil the kids. This may be true, but for him it doesn’t really mean much work. At most he may have to help the kids feed the fish, but I am sure it’s me who will do most of the care.

The kids were so excited to pick out the fish. The fish at the pet store just happened to be buy on get on free. I had only planned on getting 3, but now we have 4 so one of the fish is mine. Leah felt sorry for Daddy that he didn’t have a fish, but since he didn’t want them to begin with I felt it only fitting. Leah named her fish, Aerial and also calls her little mermaid. Caleb named his fish John Deere and also calls him tractor. Alissa’s fish is named Bell, we let Leah name it and I named my fish Bob.

Last night Caleb made sure to tell his fish good night and this morning Leah ran to the fish tank to make sure the fish were awake. These poor fish are already loved. I have already warned the kids that they may die. Hopefully, the one that is mine dies first.

Meet our fish:

1 comment:

  1. First come fish, then a dog :-) I love the names the kids picked out.

    ReplyDelete