Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two Fish Down

It was bound to happen and yesterday it did. I had to look at my blog to figure out exactly how long we had the fish. I knew it wasn't very long. Yesterday morning when I went to feed the fish, I notice Aeriel floating and Bob was not swimming very well. Rod and I knew that Aeriel would be the first to die since she never ate. It figures that Leah would pick the one that has a death wish. We knew that Leah would be the most upset if her fish died so it was pretty much a given that hers would be the first to go. I was glad that Bob was dying too so that way when I explained it all to Leah she would see that Mommy's fish died too. Telling her went much better than I anticipated. When I told Leah, she did get sad, but she didn't flip too bad and I told her that she and Mommy would go pick new ones. I think this really made her feel okay about the whole thing. We still have yet to go get new fish, but she says that she wants to name the next fish Princess Aurora. That's also the name of her cat so this could get confusing! I am beginning to realize that getting fish may not have been the best idea if we can't keep them alive for more than a few weeks. We'll end up spending a small fortune in replacement fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment