We have been very busy trying to finish the kid's play room. We worked on it this weekend and I have been working like crazy this week too. I am hoping to paint soon. I have been trying to finish the new part of the ceiling. I have decided that doing that should be considered a form of torture. Who decided that a plain flat ceiling wasn't good enough? Why is it necessary to put a bunch of putty up there and brush a design on it? Someone apparently had way too much time on their hands when they decided that was a good idea. I figure that the people who do that for a living probably have a more efficient way. Since I only have a small area to do, I figure that I'll keep doing it they hard way. After finishing less than half of it yesterday, I was convinced that my shoulders, arms and neck may never recover from this. I hope to finish the rest of the ceiling today. I hope I can make it!
Today was crazy hair day at Leah's school. The teacher has been really talking it up and all the kids have been excited for weeks. Leah wanted pink hair. I didn't want to spray her hair, although when we got to school several girls did have their hair sprayed pink or purple. What I did was put pink yarn in her hair. I still thought it turned out pretty cute. She was excited about it.

I also put a ponytail right on top of her head and put a bunch of ponytail holders in it to make it stand up. I thought it was pretty crazy, but when she looked in the mirror she was less than happy. She ended up pushing it down. I took out the extra ponytail holders and it made her happier. Before she pushed it down, it reminded me of her "fountain" hair that she had when she was a toddler.
I have become a person that cannot function without my morning coffee. This morning with everything going on including getting Leah’s hair done in time for school, I didn’t have time to get my coffee down, so I took it to go. After Caleb and I got home, I had to carry some stuff in since I had stopped at the grocery store so I just threw my coffee cup in my purse. The travel mugs I have never leak so I often throw them in my purse so that I don’t have to carry it separate. Just a friendly reminder, that even the best travel mugs will leak if you don’t close the lid. Well, I didn’t realize that I had split a 1/2 mug of coffee into my purse until I lifted up my purse to find a very large puddle of coffee under it. Wow, what a mess. I really needed to clean out my purse, so now I have been forced to do that. The worse and best (depending on how I feel like looking at it) part was that my coupons took the worse of the spillage. They pretty much soaked up the coffee like a sponge. I didn’t want to throw away all my precious coupons, I save a lot using coupons and it’s great since most of the stores around here double them. To me, throwing them away would be like throwing away money. So, I separated them all out and I am hoping that they dry and are usable. We’ll see.
I laid them out on the table to dry. It was a good time to go through and throw away expired ones.
I ran out of room on the table so I had to lay some on the counter too.
Also, Alissa has added another word to her vocabulary. It’s “no”. I knew it would come, but this soon? She can say no, but she prefers to shake her head at us. Although we don’t necessarily want to encourage her telling us no, when she shakes her head it’s so darn cute that we can’t help but smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment