I, of course, worried about her the whole time she was gone. When it was finally nearing her arrival time home, I had to wake up Caleb. I had promised Caleb that he could wait out there with me. This waking up business is a one time deal. I was hoping Alissa would sleep through it, but she woke up for the occasion on her own. I knew that the bus would be running behind today, but still wanted to be out there a bit early just in case. Well, we waited, and waited, and waited some more. Leah was probably fifteen minutes later than they told me that she would be.
Leah got off the bus very excited. She gave me a hug and wanted to show me what was in her backpack. She had a coloring page and a hand print page. She also had a little note from her teacher that said Leah had a good first day of kindergarten. She said that she had fun and when I asked her what part she liked the best, she told me coloring. The first thing she went to do after she walked in the house was to go and see her cats out on the deck. I asked her later if she missed me and she told me no. I told her that was ok because that just meant she had fun, but I did miss her.

Leah waiting for the school bus.
Leah posing for a picture right before getting on the school bus for the first time.
Alissa and Caleb are getting impatient waiting for Leah's school bus to bring her home!
Here the bus finally comes!
Leah made it home and made it through her first day of school!
Glad it was a good day! The pic of Alyssa and Caleb is priceless. Don't worry mom, it will get easier.
ReplyDelete