It's hard to believe that Summer is winding down and the school year is beginning. Leah had her kindergarten screening this past Friday. I think that things went pretty well. She went with one of the teachers with no problem. I could see her talking to the teacher the whole way out the door so she must not have been scared. When she came back, she told me that she told them her colors, abc's, and numbers. I guess she drew a picture of her and I. She pasted the hearing test, but didn't past the vision. However, they said that she would redo that later after school started. She passed it at the doctor's office at her 5 year check-up, but I had vision problems as a kid so we'll just have to wait and see how she does. She told me that some of the things that they asked her, she had to answer "I don't know", but they told her that was ok. She came out with lots of stickers and is ready to go back next week.
Her first day is this Friday, Aug. 28th. I go with her on her first day. They call it meet the teacher. Then the following Monday she will go by herself on the bus. That will be the sad day for mom.

My baby is growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment